Patents, Trade Secrets
There is a large portfolio of allowed and pending patents that cover the Keltech high speed lapper system.
In addition, there is an extensive amount of proprietary (Trade Secret) information that has been developed for the processes, materials and production techniques.
Together, they offer protection and many opportunities.
1. ABRASIVE BEADS UNIFORMLY SPACED ON ANNULAR DISCS
2. ABRASIVE DISC WITH VITRIFIED DIAMOND AGGLOMERATES
3. ABRASIVE DISC WITH VITRIFIED AGGLOMERATE ISLANDS
4. ABRASIVE SANDWICH PLATEN WITH VACUUM GROOVE SURFACE AND AIR BEARING PAD SUPPORT
5. ABRASIVE MACHINE SOLID PLATEN WITH SURFACE VACUUM GROOVES AND AIR BEARING PAD SUPPORT
6. ABRASIVE SANDWICH PLATEN WITH VACUUM GROOVE SURFACE AND TAPERED ROLLER SUPPORT
7. ABRASIVE MACHINE SOLID PLATEN WITH SURFACE VACUUM GROOVES AND TAPERED ROLLER SUPPORT
8. ABRASIVE WHEEL WITH VITRIFIED DIAMOND AGGLOMERATES
10. LAPPER WAFER HEAD SURFACE VACUUM GROOVES
Obvious Porous Bead Filler Between Islands
The erodible filler material between the abrasive disc island structures carries coolant water to cool the wafer surface being abraded.
Abrasive island discs with the required bead filler have a very distinctive appearance. This makes it very apparent that this disc technology is being used for making the discs.